Sunday, June 3, 2007

Almost Gone...

Well, it's hard to belive, but our trip to Peru is almost here. We fly out of College Station tomorrow around lunch time. We'll get to Lima tomorrow night, and then we'll fly to Trujillo Tuesday night. Because of limited flights between Lima and Trujillo, we could either leave first thing Tuesday morning or later that evening. So we'll spend a day hanging out in Lima.

Many of you probably remember that Brian and I went to Peru last spring break to work with Peru Mission. The main thing we did while we were there was to dig the holes for the foundation of the medical clinic. That clinic is currently under construction, I believe up to the second floor. I'm including some photos of our last trip so you can see what Trujillo is like and so you can see the progress that's been made since we were there last. I'm very excited to see the work that's been done on the clinic.
The first photo is the site before we started work. The second photo shows all the holes we dug for the foundation. Ever tried digging a really deep hole in dry sand? Not much fun. But for me the architecture geek, it was fascinating to watch. I don't know when we'll get out to the Arevalo church, but after we do, I'll upload pictures of the current progress.

No comments: