Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Arevalo Design

I have a first-round design for the Arevalo sanctuary building. So far it has Brian's and Heather's stamps of approval. I'll probably talk to PM's architect tomorrow and ask about the feasibility of some aspects of my design. Then I'll have to talk to the rest of the missionaries to see if what I've designed is what they were hoping for.

This project has been an adjustment in my thinking in a couple ways. First, this may actually get built! I know that's what architects do, but it's still an adjustment from school, where I spent months on a project that never made it off the paper. Second, I don't have to go back and forth with my prof about it. I'm sure there will be some give and take with PM, but it's very odd to realize that there is no prof assigning me a grade for this.

Here you can pray that I will have wisdom to be creative and make good decisions. But more importantly, pray that God will be pleased with and honored in the building. It is very important that the building accurately portray God in who He is and how we worship Him. The building can be beautiful, but if it distracts the congregation from worshipping God, it is a failure as a sanctuary.

Thanks to all of you who read our blogs and comment and who are praying for us. It is such an encouragement to me.

5 comments:

Heather said...

It is going to be beautiful! I am so thankful to have such a talented and creative visionary working on this project. Not only will we be blessed, but the entire neighborhood of Arevelo will be blessed. Thank you fo everything you have sacrificed to come here and do this. Your time and energy are gifts.

Jacob Haynes said...

I am praying for you. Keep confidence that God will give you the uderstanding that you will need. He will, He directed you to this situation and will not leave you now that you are in it. At the same time ask questions as often as possible (or get Brian to ask them).

Oh, and I know that you don't have a scanner but it would be cool to see your design process from the start to the actual building. Maybe you could take pictures of your designs. If not, I will content myself to see it when y'all get back.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can finally comment.
This is so exciting to see the fruition of all of your hard work and to see how God is going to use it. Keep the news flowing!!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool Janelle! I'm so proud of you, but more importantly, so thankful that God is using the gifts and talents He gave you for His glory. Keep up the good work. We're praying for you guys. We miss you and love you.
--Hannah

Anonymous said...

Janelle,
I know I'm a little late...but that is the norm for me !?!
Just wanted to let you know that you have all been in my thoughts and prayers.
I praise and thank God not only for the talent that He has given you but...also for your heart-felt desire to please Him. He is using you for His glory and....He will let you know where you should go as well as when. Keep trusting in Him.

Grace & Peace, Sharon