Wednesday, June 6, 2007

We're Here!

We're finally here! I had my doubts many times during our trip.

Our flight out of College Station was delayed, and then delayed again. We got into Houston at about the time our flight to Lima was leaving. So we missed that flight and were involved in a fair bit of confusion before getting booked on a series of flights that took us to Lima via Miami. We got into Lima at 4:30 am Tuesday, to find that our luggage hadn't come to Lima on the same flight. Thankfully it turned out to have made it on the original flight out of Houston, so it was waiting for us in Lima. We checked into a hotel in Lima, and slept for a few hours. We spent a little time walking around Lima, and got some coffee at Starbucks. That was a nice treat! Our flight from Lima to Trujillo was, for the most part, without incident, and John and Heather were waiting for us at the airport.

Today is our recovery day. We slept late, took showers (finally) and watched a movie with the 5 Ferguson kiddos. It has been great already just to see and visit with the Fergusons. It's going to be great to be part of their family for the next few weeks. Tomorrow we will go up to SALI (where the offices are and where the English language Institute is housed) where we'll meet with the people we'll be working with while we're here.

You can definitely be in prayer for me about tomorrow. Those of you who know me know that meeting a lot of new people tends to make me rather nervous - I can only assume that the language barrier is only going to add to that.

Hopefully I can add some pictures later. I'll have to ask John and Heather how to hook our camera up. Thanks for all your prayers!

3 comments:

Joshua Butcher said...

I'll definitely be praying!

All is well at the house, except the fact that whoever came to fix the A/C (they left a note) did not fix the problem. We'll give them a call and have them come back again.

Let us know if we need to do anything that you forgot to tell us, like let out the cat or something to that effect ;-)

Janelle said...

Josh - Thanks so much for watching our place for us! And if there's a cat in our apartment, definitely let it out!! ;)

Unknown said...

Ya'll have a cat?? I'm glad that you made it there safely. I'll be praying for you. Tell everyone there that I said "Hi"

~Dayna