Thursday, June 7, 2007

Real Project

We went up to SALI to talk to the people we'll be working with while we're here. I got a surprise, which you're familiar with if you've read Heather's blog today. I'm going to be working on the design for the church / sanctuary building at the Arevalo site. I was expecting my role to be more an assisting one, so this comes as a surprise. I'm still kind of processing it all. Arevalo is the site we worked at last year, digging the holes for the foundation of the medical clinic, so I'm already familiar with the site and emotionally attached. I'm going out to the site tomorrow to see what's been done since last year. It's going to be great to be working on this project, but somewhat surreal as well. I'm not used to the thought that what I design may actually be built! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool Janelle. It touched my heart to see the picture of you and Brian with the Fergie kiddos. I'm sure that feels like a little piece of heaven has come to them. God's blessings upon your time there. The Ayerses are praying for you. We love you and miss you.
--Hannah

Jacob Haynes said...

Completely amazing! I'm jealous and very proud.

Joshua Butcher said...

You rock the house (in so many mixed metaphoric ways)!!