Friday, June 8, 2007

Arevalo Update

Brian and I went out to the Arevalo Parish today. This is the site where we worked last spring, and where I'll be working this summer. It definitely looks different than when we were last there!



This photo was taken from about the same place as the others I posted on June 3. The only difference is that we're higher. The pictures are taken from the highest point on the fellowhip hall building. Last year they had the first two floors walled in, and the third floor laid; this year the third floor has been walled in and the roof of the third floor/ fourth floor has been laid.

The exterior and most of the interior walls of the clinic are up. It was really amazing to look at this building where nothing but holes had been the last time I was there. It was also really cool to see, since I had studied the plans for this building while I was working on my final project. So I knew what was going to go where. This architecture thing is turning out to be pretty cool!



This photo is of the part of the site where the church will sit. It's also kind of an aerial view, taken from the same place as the first photo. The church will be on the corner, between the clinic and the fellowship hall. There's a strip of park area created by the city on the far edge of the site. Right now, it looks like the entrance to the church will be on that side, with the pulpit closest to the fellowship hall. But we'll see!

Today was a rather tiring day. Brian had to do a lot of Spanish-English translation for me at the site, and he learned that his vocabulary does not extend into architectural and construction terms. Hopefully I'll start picking up on more of those pretty quickly.

Tomorrow I'll have another adventure to write about: it is grocery shopping day. Brian and I both want to go, just to get a fuller picture of what life is like in Trujillo.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Guess I better get working on my list. And it just ocurred to me that leaving a comment on your blog is the equivelent of my children emailing you as you all wait for the same computer. I guess I'll go say good night. :)

Joshua Butcher said...

So I'm guessing you didn't partake in the trampoline dodge ball then?

I called the apartment office today and they said they would notify the management about the A/C. They asked about pets, but I didn't let them know about the cat.

:-D