Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sunday Worship

I think my comments on the past few days will be split up into mini-posts so that the different topics get their own headings and hopefully make more sense.

Sunday worship is probably going to be the hardest part of our time in Peru. The worship services are, of course, in Spanish, which means I can't understand a word. I spent the service reading and praying, but I definitely did not have the same sense of corporate worship. I forget how important that is until I don't have it. Even Brian, John and Heather, who speak some Spanish, can't follow the pastor during the sermon. I'll struggle with this for the next few weeks; the Fergusons have been and will continue to struggle with this for much longer. Please pray for Brian and I, but especially for the Fergusons. Pray that they would quickly grow in their understanding of the language and soon be able to understand and be fed by the entire worship service.

On Sunday evening, the SALI interns came over to the Ferguson's house. This is a weekly event, where they listen to a sermon in English, and sing hymns and praise songs (also in English) together. It was a great time to be fed and it made me very thankful for IPod technology!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I totally know what you mean by not knowing what you have until it is gone. Randy & I miss the corporate worship when we are leading the Kid's are, and now treasure it even more when we do get to join in. We love you guys and are praying for you! Can't wait to catch up when you are home!