Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New Shirt

Now that I'm out of school, with a bit more time on my hands, I've been experimenting with a few sewing projects. My first project was a tablecloth for our eating area. I made it out of denim, with a border of colorful striped fabric. I think it turned out really well, and looks great with our Fiesta dishes.

My second project was kind of a test for what I really want to make. I have not been able to find a dress to fit me in the past few years, so I want to start making dresses for myself. First I decided to make a test shirt from the same pattern. It turned out ok. ;) I don't think I'll be going further than the mailbox in it, but it makes a comfy around-the-house shirt. My plan is to start on a dress today or tomorrow. We'll see...
`

5 comments:

Heather said...

I like thie shirt - I think you did a great job!
I am so looking forward to having you here. I just posted Brian that I will try to call tomorrow and get some of your questions answered. FYI - It's COLD! (for Trujillo its cold - colder than it has ever been -and we aren't even in winter yet!But we are definately not in danger of any blizzards)

rachel said...

I think I see a seamstress in the making!:-)

Joshua Butcher said...

I like the way you did the collar Janelle (from a guy who knows nothing about making clothing, but who really appreciates a comfortable and stylish collar).

Carrie Cornett said...

I love the blog AND the shirt! I have plans to make a shirt this summer...but unlike talented you, it will probably take me ALL summer and I don't it will be post-worthy :-)

Unknown said...

It looks really good! Way better then I could do.

Dayna