Saturday, June 16, 2007

What's Wrong with This Picture?

The title of this post is a bit of a mis-nomer. I don't actually have any photos to post. Heather and I went out on a shopping trip yesterday, and I didn't take the camera with me because I didn't expect anything "picture-worthy" to happen. This of course ensured that I would want it.

The first funny thing we saw driving through down-town Trujillo was a dog on the roof of a building. This in and of itself is not an uncommon site; you can see it everyday in the neighborhoods. It was the dog's actions that were rather amusing. It walked out to the outside corner of the roof, and began relieving itself. Not something you see every day in the States.

After shopping for a few hours, we decided to take a break and get a snack. We went into a restaurant called D'Marco's and sat down next to a couple gringo girls. A few minutes later, a mission team of about 30 gringos came in. By the time we left, the only Peruvians in the restaurant were the wait staff. It was quite a funny picture in Peru. And not one you see often.

Sorry about the lack of pictures. Brian is more of a picture-taker than I am. I'll try to be better in the future; I know it helps to get a better picture of what it's like here. No pun intended.

No comments: