Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thank You!

I meant to write this post last week, but our weekend was rather busy.

I want to say THANK YOU to our church for the wonderful Preparation Party last week. It is such a blessing to be surrounded by and showered with love from our church family. I love that our son already has an extended family that can't wait to meet him and love on him. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. For over a year, Brian and I have talked about how much we wanted to raise our children in this church, with these families and kids that we love so much. And now God has answered that desire, though certainly not in the way I expected! :) But thankfully, God is bigger than my wildest dreams.

I start my maternity leave tomorrow, and I'll be cleaning, organizing, doing laundry, packing, trying to get as ready as possible to bring this little guy home. We're going to spend tomorrow night in Fredericksburg, as our last fling as a family of two. Then Friday we'll drive to Odessa, and Saturday we'll get our son. Our plan is to drive home on Wednesday, and start getting adjusted to this new life. We're hoping to be at the church picnic on Saturday, so he'll get to meet some of his new friends. I'm thinking that he may be less overwhelmed by the number of people he's meeting if he's not in a contained space, but able to run around and play.

Please continue to pray for us. I can't begin to imagine how this transition is going to take shape. He's going to be confused, disoriented and grieving. I'm praying that he'll learn to love us soon (not only because that's what every mom's heart wants), but because I think that will make his transition easier. The list of things we need prayer for is long - wisom, patience, discernment, love, dependence on God, grace...I'm sure the other parents out there can add a few to the list.

Thank you all for your gifts, time and prayers. One of the things we knew we could most count on in this adventure was the support of our family and friends. Thanks for loving our son before you've even met him. I can't wait for him to meet his new family!

7 comments:

Gilda said...

How exciting and what a wonderful blessing! We are praying for you guys. We love the Franklins!

ninepoundhammer said...

He's almost here!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your trip. We are excited and waiting with great anticipation. We love you.
Marian

Rachel said...

So excited for you this weekend! Oh and Fredericksburg? Randy & I are going there for our Anniversary at the end of the month. How fun!

Patricia said...

I'm praying for y'all, Janelle! So exciting!

Kierstyn said...

Janelle, I got teary eyed just reading that post! Curtis and I were just talking about how excited we are for you and Brian, and we've already started telling Micah about his new friend.

You have our prayers, and let us know if there's anything else you need!

Hannah D A said...

no words, just tears. . .I love you guys and your new son.