Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's a Date!

Yes, we finally know when we'll be getting our son. WooHoo!!

Brian talked to CPS this morning and, Lord willing, we'll have our son in our home two weeks from today. We will be in Odessa next weekend and the first part of the following week. We have the family conference meeting to discuss adoption on Saturday the 12th. Then there is a court hearing on Tuesday (the 15th) that we will go to. CPS is going to bring our son to us sometime that weekend, while we're staying with Brian's parents. So when we leave Odessa to come home either Tuesday or Wednesday, we will have a third person in the car. :) That is still really hard to imagine.

I find that I am left rather speechless by this thought, and have nothing else to say to wrap up this post. I need to go put up all my breakables...

7 comments:

Andrew said...

This is great news! We have been praying with Isaac for you guys, and will continue to pray that all goes well with the adoption talk.

We are excited for you three and can't wait to meet your little boy.

Rachel said...

Yay! How exciting. And to think his "adoption day" will be really close to my birthday. How fun! We can celebrate together in the years to come. We are so excited for your guys. We'll be praying!

ninepoundhammer said...

That is, indeed, great news. If y'all's interactions with the children in our church is any indication, Alex has it made in the shade!

However, I would ask that you DO NOT put away your breakables. (What, oh what, will Gracie Mae do at y'all's house if you do that?)

Jacob Haynes said...

Cool Beans! I finally get to be a Great Uncle.

Amanda Ness said...

Coolio !!! I have a confession .. i still read only the like 1st sentence of ur posts !!! haha comment on minee

Jacob Haynes said...

Hey Janelle,

If I can remeber correctly all I wanted was the paper and the basswood. If I haven't thrown out my Rotwings I am sure thinking about it because I hate them too. I don't think I want the mat cutter, either. Thanks again, look forward to meeting y'alls son soon.

Jacob

Jamison said...

YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A SON!!! Yeahhhhhhhhh!!
Can't wait to meet him. =)