Friday, November 21, 2008

Call me Mrs. ABD

He's done!! Brian sat for his oral exams this morning and did excellently! He has worked so hard and diligently these last 7 months - it is a huge blessing to see his work rewarded.

He says he doesn't feel a big sense of relief yet, but I certainly do! I have gotten teary-eyed a couple times already just thinking about the big load of work that has been lifted off my hard-working husband. Now "all" he has left to do for his PhD is his dissertation, making him an ABD (All But Dissertation).

So to celebrate tonight, we're going to eat at the mall's food court, and buy some new shoes for our little guy. Woohoo, Franklins sure do know how to party! ;)

1 comment:

ninepoundhammer said...

Way to go, Mr Franklin! I am very impressed; the thought of sitting for those exams scared the living daylights out of me--which is one of the reasons I didn't pursue the PhD.

Good job!