Sunday, November 16, 2008

War Eagle (anyway)

Anyone who knows me more than a tiny bit knows of my love for my alma mater Auburn University. I am not alone - I come from a long line of Auburn fans, who are more gung-ho and rabid than I. Hard to imagine, maybe, but there you go.

My Auburn fan-ness was reinforced by living in University of Tennessee country most of my life. Of course, I brought some of the harassment upon myself by wearing Auburn shirts to school, and defending them against all detractors.

The last time I saw my parents, my Mom had a surprise for me - a couple small Auburn sweatshirts I had worn as a kid. And they fit Jonathan. Let the brainwashing begin...

No, he's not watching AU football here, though this expression does look like a grimace of pain.


I wish I could say he's learned how to yell a good "War Eagle!" but he hasn't. I'm still working on him, Mom. Just give me time. He's closer than a two-year old should be, probably. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They fit him well, in more ways than one.

He actually looks like we have been feeling.

War Eagle anyway!!

Mom

Kierstyn said...

So cool! Brainwash away!

ninepoundhammer said...

Way to recycle! (Who knew you were so green!)

I found some of my old t-shirts from junior high school the other day--Ashlee actually has been wearing one to sleep in for a while.

(Who knew I was shaped like a 27 year-old mother of two in seventh grade?!)