Saturday, December 6, 2008

All About Brian

Ok, so a while ago I was tagged by Hannah to share some things about Brian. In the spirit of "better late than never" (and because I love to talk about him), here are some things you may not have known about Brian...


1. Where did you meet? We met in October of our first year in grad school, in Wade and Marian Coleman's kitchen. We had an RUF thing there on a Sunday night, and I walked into the kitchen to get a drink. I can't really say that there was an instant connection on my side, but he was pleased to finally meet me, as he had seen me a few weeks previous, and thought I was pretty. :)

2. How long did you date? We dated for about 7 months before we got engaged, and then had a sixth month engagement, so 13 months?

3. How long have you been married? 3 years New Year's Eve.

4. What does he say that surprises you? Every once in a while he'll tell me about something he did to serve someone, or help someone; or something he'd like to do to serve or witness. I don't know that I'm still surprised by those comments, but I'm always challenged. He has a very missional heart, and God frequently uses Brian to challenge me in that area.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? I really love his hands, among other things. And I think he's the perfect height. ;) Any taller and I'd get a crick in my neck when I kiss him.

6. What is your favorite quality of his? In the last few months I've been really touched by his selflessness and his servant heart. He had the perfect excuse to quit doing any kind of housework or cooking in the last few months while he was studying for exams, but he continued to spend time and energy helping me out.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? Not really - Brian's not into nicknames very much. And the endearments he does have for me...are for me. ;)

8. What is his favorite color? Green

9. What is his favorite food? I actually asked his this a few weeks ago, and he said he doesn't really have a favorite, though if I had to pick one for him I'd probably go with ice cream or watermelon.

10. What is his favorite sport? I think baseball

11. When and where did you first kiss? In his first apartment, after we'd been engaged for 2.5 months.

12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Hmmm, we use to take weekly dates to Starbucks just to talk and see how each of us was doing, I think we both liked that.

13. Do you have any children? Jonathan


14. Does he have a hidden talent? He's written several songs, words and music, most people don't see that often.

15. How old is he? 25

16. Who said "I love you" first? Brian. One week before he proposed.

17. What is his favorite type of music? I'm guessing acoustic rock? I know that Jars of Clay is his favorite band - does that help?

18. What do you most admire about him? Over the last year I've grown to appreciate and admire his work ethic far more.

19. Do you think he will read this? Yep - I'm linked on his Google Reader.

20. Where did you go on your first date? Christopher's for dinner and jazz music, and then back to my apartment to watch the original "Sabrina." That day is still one of the favorite memories I have of us. :)

3 comments:

Hannah D A said...

Thanks for sharing Mrs. ABD. Enjoyed it. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the quote: "God gives the very best to those who leave the choice to him". (I have forgotten the author)

ninepoundhammer said...

@Janelle's Mom: I believe it was Jim Elliot.