Friday, October 31, 2008

Staples

This post is dedicated to my sister. Carrie flew down here from her current nursing position in Nebraska to spend 10 days with us cleaning, packing, baby-sitting, spackling, priming and painting. There were probably a couple other things in there as well, but those are the main things. I was so thankful to have her help that week. And I continue to be touched that she gave up a week of vacation to come down and work her tail end off. And work she did - we could not have gotten everything done that needed to be done without her here. Toward the end of her stay, I decided to give her a new nickname: Staples. Because having her here was like having my own personal "Easy" button, "That was easy!"

If you read my blog with any frequency, you've seen the original color of Jonathan's room. Well, when Wade came by to look at the house, he was quite pleased with the color - UT (that's Tennessee for all you Texas folks) orange. That comment inspired Carrie to paint the following in primer for Wade:

Of course, then she had to show how she really felt:


Carrie was having a lot of fun with primer that week, and went on to paint a car on the wall for Jonathan. It has since been covered with two coats of green, but he still knows where that car was on the wall.

There are a couple other pics of her that week that are pretty funny and characteristic, but I'm afraid she'd fly back down here to kill me if I posted them.

Thank you Carrie! You were a huge help, and I don't know how we would have gotten it done without you. I love you.

5 comments:

Patricia said...

I love you too Carrie! I always enjoy it when you visit!

Kierstyn said...

Gotta love the sisters!

Carrie said...

I love you to Nellie. It was my pleasure to help, i really did enjoy every minute of it. Too bad I didn't actually win the million dollars while I was out there...then we could watched professionals do it while we lounged around sipping lemonade and being fanned by palm leaves. Regardless, I would do it all over again for you. (BTW...i didn't make my sarcastic comment last time to illicit an entry all to my own) So, what do these other pictures look like??? characteristic huh??

Carrie said...

Oh, i love you too patricia and very much enjoyed seeing you again.

Anonymous said...

I love both of my girls.

I just wish I could have been there to help. I can't wait to see the finished product at Christmas.

Mom