Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wacky Wendesday

(No, this day wasn't particularly wacky, I just needed a title)

Wow, I just realized that I'm through Day 5. Somehow I missed counting Day 4. (for those of you sick of this count, I promise it will be over soon) Thank you to everyone who helped out and hung out with us this week. And thanks to all the people who offered to hang out, but didn't get to because the week was actually too short, or because Jonathan was sick. It has been a real blessing to know that I had so many friends who were there for me.

Our adventure for today came via Eric and Theresa. They came over at short notice and brought us dinner. Then, because Jonathan's asthma is still acting up, we headed to Chick-fil-A's indoor playground for a little after-dinner fun. Of course, Jonathan had more fun playing with the door than on the actual play equipment, but whatever. At least he got a change of scenery (I think my closet door was losing its appeal).


On a different note, Jonathan was evaluated today to see if he would need Early Childhood Intervention services. I was actually kind of surprised, but he failed two of the four areas she was testing. However, I was not surprised by which areas were weaker (does that make any sense?) His dexterity and verbal/comprehension skills were not where they should be /are expected to be. Now we will be referred to someone who will come and do a more in-depth study to see if and where he needs more directed help and development. It's an odd mix of emotions - I certainly want him to have help if he needs it and it will help with his development, but at the same time, my mommy heart wants to say, "Hey, what do you mean telling me my kid failed your test? I think he's just great!" Hopefully they can direct us to different things to do with him that can help him develop the skills he's behind in.

Ok, that's enough for one posting. My Mom will get here tomorrow evening to meet Jonathan for the first time, so hopefully I'll have some more good pictures to post soon.

1 comment:

Kierstyn said...

Jonathan, I'm with your Mommy, you're great!

Janelle, you're great to! When you walked into Bible study this morning, I was shocked! Good for you for keeping busy, keeping things exciting and just keeping alive at this point!