Monday, June 16, 2008

Back to Work

So today was my first day back to "work" (because I've just been lazing around the last few weeks). Thanks to everyone who was praying for me. It actually was a pretty good day. It was definitely sad to be away from Jonathan (and Brian) all day, since I'm used to spending so much time with them, but it was ok.

I got to work to find that a lot has changed in the two months I've been gone:
- two full-time people have left or are leaving
- at least three new people have joined the office
- two people are back in the office from educational ventures
- my desk space has moved
> the good news is, I now have a window view
> the bad news - the window view is directly under an air conditioning vent in the coldest part of the office...brrrr!
- email really piles up when you're gone for two months!!

For the next few weeks, I'll be helping out on a fire station project. It's actually the one I was heading up before I took off, but someone else is coordinating it now. Really, I'm fine. I found out today that the project I should get to start working on after the Fourth is an interior build-out project. This means that there is an outside to the building, but nothing on the interior but structure and insulation. So, working with someone else in the office, I'll get to do the programming (figuring out what spaces they need, how big they are), space planning (figuring out where the aforementioned spaces will go, and how they relate to one another) and the interior finishes. This is my favorite thing to do in architecture/design. Yea! So I'm really looking forward to this next project.

So, anyway, for those of you wondering, my first day back was pretty good. I don't have any pictures, sorry, but it really wouldn't be that interesting anyway. ;) Thanks for your prayers!

PS - Brian had a good day at home with Jonathan. J took a really long nap (3.5 hours) so Brian was able to get a lot done during that time. My hubby's getting up at the crazy early hour of 5 these days to maximize the time before J wakes up in the morning, so he's getting work done then, as well. And Brian said J would even play by himself a little today (which he won't always do) so Brian was able to get more reading done then. All in all, a good day for my guys.

No comments: