Monday, June 9, 2008

Day Three

We've made it through two days without Brian. And into Day Three. It's been a quiet morning so far, mostly because my little guy is still sleeping. Yes, that's right, almost 11 am and still asleep. He's been sniffly and coughy and kind of congested since Saturday, and he woke up a lot during the night, so I think he's just catching up on missed sleep. (Maybe I should be doing the same) About every 20 minutes I'll hear him cough and whimper, but no real sounds of being awake yet. Crazy. Last night I started showing signs of allergy problems or a cold, so it could be a rough couple of days. Please pray for health for both of us. Trying to take care of a sick child while feeling sick myself does not sound like fun.

I have now gone over 48 hours without talking to my husband. (except for a 5-minute call on Saturday to tell me they were there safely, which hardly counts) That's the longest I've gone since we've been married. And I don't like it. I hope he'll be able to call tonight, but I don't know.

I've been rereading letters that Brian left for me when he went to India three years ago. In the one I read this morning, he reminded me that God's mercies are new every day. So I asked God this morning to open my eyes to see His mercies today. These are a few I've thought of so far:

- Jonathan is sleeping, catching up on much-needed rest
- no more ants in my den (long story)
- I'm feeling much better, with less cold/allergy symptoms
- I have a very wide network of friends who would love to hang out with me and my son when I can't handle being home alone any more! ;)
- I have a husband who loves me
- my mom is only a cell-phone call away (and doesn't tire of me!)

I pray that I will continue to see God's hand in the rest of my day. I take so much for granted; I need new eyes to see how great our God is.

Because I need to see my husband's smile:


Because it's so sweet, here's Jonathan giving his Daddy kisses:


We miss you, Brian!

4 comments:

Jacob Haynes said...

Hang in there Janelle. We're praying for all three of you. I wish there was an easy way for us to come hang out with y'all.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you can come to the game tonight. Don't forget your phone though just in case he calls during that time!
This seems similar to when I went to Air Force basic training and Theresa had her phone with her at all times just in case I called. She never had a clue when it would come; inevitably I ended up calling while she was in class or doing something most of the time.

Patricia said...

I'm praying for y'all and if you need/want anything just give me a call. *Hugs*

Hannah D A said...

I love you Janelle. . .praying for all 3 of you.