Saturday, June 7, 2008

Long Week Ahead

I am about 1 1/2 hours into what will probably be a very long week. Brian left this morning for Mexico. He is leading a team of our youth (and one mom) on a week long trip to work with Isaiah 55 ministries in Reynosa, Mexico. So far I'm ok. If I keep busy, I generally tend to do better when Brian's gone. And with a 21-month old in the house, busy is something I can achieve! So far I've folded laundry (Jonathan helped by throwing his socks around), checked up on my blogs and worked on this posting. JOnathan wanted to contribute, so here are his thoughts for the morning:

.bmkrghthnmgrkmgvlov km vkmb jjhdefhhdhdhdhnbdjhc jnfcjhf

Mostly I think that means,"Mommy, play with me, where's Daddy, I want a cracker," but I'm not 100% sure. I've only been translating toddler speak for about 2 months, so I wouldn't call myself completely bilingual yet, just conversant. But since I can answer 2 of the 3 requests, I guess I better go. Here's a picture for the day:


One day at the park Brian was teaching Jonathan proper stick technique for drumming. I love Brian's jamming out look and the way Jonathan is gazing up at him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all will have to come out this week to be entertained by the chickens. Oh, GM has taken to being entertained by a squirt bottle as well. It's amazing how long that can keep her amused.

Beth said...

I love your picture of the day!

Kierstyn said...

And the Krajcas are always an option for distraction and business! We have pool passes and could all go some time. Seriously, just let me know!

ninepoundhammer said...

I used an Inter-Web Transtoddlerator programme on Jonathan's post. It translates (loosely) to this:

'Mamma, of all the folks at Westminster, Mr Matt is the coolest cat of them all.'

Or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Matt, you are way too square to call yourself a cat...even if you claim the kid did it.