Saturday, September 27, 2008

New House Pics

We went out to our house this morning and did a little prep work on the floors. While Brian and Damon were working hard, I picked out paint colors and took pictures. And because I know you out-of town folks are eager to see our house, here they are. Only, I have to warn you, it looks pretty rough right now. Nothing that some good wood refinishing and helpful friends wielding paint rollers can't fix, though.


Our den:
Our kitchen:
Unfortunately, the ceramic tile floors are rather pinkish (why?) and the counters are a gray speckle. But we have lots of counter space and I like the white cabinets.

This is going to be Jonathan's room. Maybe the one room we don't have to repaint, huh? Seriously, I don't know why this seemed like a good idea:


And the second/hall/Jonathan's/guest bath: I think pink must have been the only color they made 4x4 ceramic tile in during the 50s. Oh well.

So, there it is. It's starting to seem more real but at times it still seems pretty crazy. Please keep praying for us as we're balancing all this stuff right now.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to ask for prayer in one specific area. We expected to close this past Thursday, but due to un-filed paperwork on the other side of this transaction, we have not been able to close. I'd really like to close early this week, as we have a lot that needs to be done before we plan to move in just under three weeks. Thanks!

2 comments:

Jacob Haynes said...

I need floor plans. Sections and elevations would be helpful as well. While you're at it a nice Max model with a zoom through. :)

Good pictures. I want more but can wait until I come up there to help y'all paint.

Heather said...

Yea!!!! for new houses

Boooo!!! for having to move all your stuff

Focus on the yea!!