Monday, March 17, 2008

Latest (and greatest)

I've realized over the last few days that Brian and I have neglected to post the lastest update on adoption stuff.

We have to go to Odessa for a meeting of everyone who's involved in this process: us, lawyers, birth parents, CPS case workers, etc. Everything will be laid out on the table at this point, and I just realized that I'm not exactly sure what the aggenda for this meeting is. All I know is that we have to have this before we can get our son. Hurdle number...I've lost count. ;) This meeting is currently scheduled for April 5. However, Brian and I had a slight brain malfunction and forgot that we already had the youth mission trip fundraiser/dinner & talent show scheduled for that evening. Once we realized our mistake, Brian called CPS back and asked if we could postpone the meeting for one week. So we'll either reschedule, or find some other helpful souls to mc the fundraiser.

After this meeting, one of two things will happen. The CPS worker in Odessa said that she could bring Alex out the following weekend after the meeting. If the state was going to require a visitation before placement, she said sometimes they'll do visitation on Friday, and placement on Saturday. The other possibility is that we would be able to bring him home with us the weekend of the meeting in Odessa. (any good ideas on how to keep an 18-month old occupied and happy for a 7-hour car drive with strangers?) This idea was suggested by the woman who organized this meeting. She said she'd be pushing for that.

So, all that to say, we should have our son in our home for good but mid- to late-April. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! I know you both are so excited. We're praying - God is good! Love you all!

Patricia said...

Oh my! How exciting!

Amanda Ness said...

oh my goodness !!! this is so weird caz today my grandma was like brian and janelle havent talked much about the adoption and i said no but now i can say yes !!! haha well my mom was being funny and shes like instead of them going through the adoption they can pay me a couple bucks and have you !!! haha well i will see you at the next meeting for youth stuff !!!