Saturday, March 8, 2008

Home Study!!

We finally had our home study this morning. I think it went pretty well. The interviewer was really nice, and didn't seem to think there was anything too crazy about us! ;)

He asked us about our childhoods, how we were disciplined, how our dads provided for the family, how we felt about our kids being involved in sports, music, etc. Nothing too off the wall or anything that made me nervous. I think he was going to call some of our references and/or parents, and some of you may have already received a call. (I hope you said nice things :) He said he would call Odessa CPS with the results/findings on Monday.

So now we can hopefully start the process of getting our son in our home. As crazy as that is to think about! I think I'm finally beginning to rest in God's timing for this whole process. As much as I want our son to be in our home, this is the last time (for a long while) that it will be just me & Brian. And that time is precious too. And of course, the more schoolwork Brian can get done before the little guy gets here, the less stressful the end of his semester will be. So I'm learning to be content with God's timing - mostly because I have no idea what the right timing is!

So anyway, there's the latest on our adoption process. It's exciting to have another box checked off the list and to be one more step forward. Thank you to all of you who have been praying for us. It means so much to know that so many are walking with us through this. I look forward to the day I can introduce you all to our son. :)

5 comments:

Helen said...

Hurrah! I hope you'll have him soon! That is a good reminder to treasure my time with my husband before we have kids. Sometimes I get bit by the mommy-bug, but it's good to be reminded that this time alone with my husband is just as precious and important.

Patricia said...

I'm so excited for you guys!

Hannah D A said...

Kev got the call Sunday evening. He said it went well. Feel free to call him and ask for specifics. :)

Anonymous said...

We also got the call Sunday evening. I'll talk to you about it later. It's all good. Can't wait to meet him.
Marian :)

Heather said...

He will be there before you know it! We are so excited for you. Wish we were there.
Love you!