Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Adoption Process Update

We are making baby steps. We are in the process of filling out background paper work. Standard stuff: employment, previous residences, references, etc. We should get it finished up and sent in by the end of the week. And then we get to wait again...

We send the paperwork to the Odessa CPS, they send it to Brazos county CPS and then they'll contact us about a home study. I'm beginning to think we should have bought those pj's a couple sizes bigger...do they come in youth sizes, I wonder?

Obviously I need prayer for patience. ;) That I would rest in God's timing. He is the one orchestrating this entire process, including the timing of each individual piece. But in this process I am reminded that I struggle with uncertainty and trusting God when I don't know what's coming next. I want to know when he's coming, how long I have to prepare, what to expect once he gets here. Right now I don't know any of that. And yet I am still called to trust God and His perfect plan.

Ecc. 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in its time..."

5 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Praying for you guys and Alex. Who knows, maybe you'll get your nine months after all! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love you sweet Janelle. Praying for you as you wait on the Lord. May He renew your strength and your resolve to trust in Him. He loves you dearly and knows you intimately. You are His. He has His glory in mind and He knows best how this will work for your good. And you are right, "He has made everything beautiful in its time..." Praying that the Lord will grant you His peace during this time of waiting and expecting. love you, Marian

Anonymous said...

Remember Proverbs 21:1

Mom

Joshua Butcher said...

Hannah and I continue to pray that God would grant you wisdom, understanding, and His power to give you steadfastness and patience as you wait upon His will, giving thanks to God for your friendship and love.

Col. 1:9-12
9For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

Helen Hurley said...

I have lots of trouble waiting, too, so I sympathize with that "going crazy" feeling. Hang in there. You've got lots of good people to keep you focused on God.

Yay for babies!