Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Good News....Bad News

Merry Christmas, first of all! It has definitely been a memorable Christmas for us!

First the good news: I get to spend an extra two days here in Tennessee with my family. Which leads directly into the bad news...the extension of our trip is not due to something fun and Christmassy like snow, but a really bad bout of food poisoning, or one of the nastiest viruses I have ever seen. Sunday night we were on our way back from visiting my Mom's family in Atlanta, and we stopped at an Arby's for dinner. As soon as we got home, Mom headed for the bathroom and threw up. Several "episodes" and an hour later, my Dad joined her. Carrie fell victim a few hours after that, followed by Brian. By God's mercy I was spared, so I spent all night emptying buckets, getting wet washcloths and trying to help. Around 6:30 am, I took Brian and Carrie to the ER, where they got some fluids and anti-nausea drugs pumped into them. I brought them back home, caught a couple hours sleep, and then took my parents to the ER. The second time I went, the doctor had encouraging news for me: there is a really bad virus going around and he's sure I'll get it in a few days. Yea. So far, my stomach has rumbled at me a bit, but I'm not feeling anywhere NEAR as bad as the rest of them. Today everyone was up and we managed to open gifts, but that pretty much used up their entire store of energy. So you could pray for us. For healing and restoration for every one else, and that I will continue to stay healthy. I've never seen any of them that sick, and I'd really like to not join them.

Hope ya'll have a great Christmas, without so much "excitement!"

7 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Oh yuck! I'll b epraying that you have a healthy rest of your trip!

Anonymous said...

definitely praying!

Anonymous said...

Oh one more thing. I don't know if you've tried this to help relieve the dehydration that happens but last time I got a bad case of food poisoning, I bought some of those pedialite pops. I don't know if they have them for adults but the kiddo ones worked fine for me and the international student that was stuck in the house with the same ailment. With all the throw uppiness that happens, having something light like that with electrolites help.

ninepoundhammer said...

Well, bless y'all's hearts! I empathise greatly and hope y'all get better soon (and Janelle doesn't go down at all).

See y'all when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Please know that I'm praying that the Seigerts and Franklins quickly recover and regain their strength and that the Lord would spare you, Janelle, this ugly virus. We love you.
Marian:)

Hannah D A said...

I'm so sorry guys! I just heard. I'll be praying. I hope all is better now. We miss you and love you.

Jamison said...

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucky. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm also sorry that I found out about this so late in the game. I would have prayed had I known.
HUGS!