Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Linguistic Profile

I found this on "Party of Five," and thought I'd check it out for myself.

After answering some questions, here is my linguistic profile:

60% General American English
30% Dixie
5% Yankee
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern

I'm not as southern as I thought, apparently. Nor has my Dad rubbed off on me as much as I expected. Sorry, Dad. (maybe Dixie is wearing off on you...gasp!) So I guess I'm pretty much a General American in my speech. Which means what, exactly?


What Kind of American English Do You Speak?http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofamericanenglishdoyouspeakquiz/

4 comments:

ninepoundhammer said...

I'm a bit suspicious of only being 30% Dixie--but I take GREAT PRIDE in the fact that I scored ZERO percent Yankee.

(Insert Rebel Yell here.)

Anonymous said...

What does this say about me?

45% Dixie

40% General American English

5% Midwestern

5% Yankee

0% Upper Midwestern

Mom

Heather said...

I'm a little afraid to even try. Is Spanglish a catagory?????

Hannah D A said...

I'm with Heather. . .pretty sure I won't be doin' that survey!