Friday, July 6, 2007

Last Things

It's hard to believe that our five weeks in Peru are almost over. Before we left the States, five weeks seemed like a really long time. But about halfway through our trip, I realized the time was passing too quickly. And now we leave in two days! Where has the time gone?

Tomorrow we're planning to all go out to Huanchaco, the beach. It will definitely be too cold to go swimming, but it'll still be fun to walk on the beach and watch the waves. This afternoon, I think we'll just be hanging out, maybe with playtime in the park. Right now I'm listening to the Fergie kids as they go through their toys and decide what to keep and what to give away. So far there haven't been too many screams of protest! ;)

This will be one of my last posts from Trujillo, so I thought I would post a few pictures that kind of show everyday stuff. First, the Ferguson's house:
Many of the houses here in Peru are painted colors we don't see very often in the States: yellow, green, fuschia, browns. It makes a nice contrast to the brown of the desert. On a walk one day, I found a house in the Ferguson's neighborhood that I really liked.

I don't have too many pictures of Trujillo in general, but maybe this one will give an idea. This scene is actually a bit less chaotic than many of the things we see everyday, but it gives an idea. As you get closer to the downtown area, the streets get narrower, there are more shops per block and it's busier all around.

In addition to the colorfully painted houses and buildings, there's a lot of color in Trujillo from bouganvillea planted everywhere. We've seen it in several colors, but I really like it when two different plants grow close to each other and the flowers intermingle.

Ok, one last photo. A few weeks ago we all went out to eat to a restaurant called Roky's. They serve really good chicken, but Heather says the kids like it primarily because of the pirate ship playground in the front. I have to admit, it was pretty cool.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am officially beginning DENIAL. It has been so great having ya'll here. Thanks for being such wonderful company and a breath of fresh Texas air. We love you.