Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dear, Dear Friends

This posting is dedicated to Austin Ayers. I realized today that in all my posting about Peru and school projects that I have left out a huge piece of our life. Our Westminster family: the Ayers, Colemans, Lees, and (now it's official) Butchers in particular.





A full explanation of what these dear friends mean to me would take up way too much space, and Blogger would probably cut off my account. ;) I'll have to be content with saying that these families are family to us now and we love them dearly. The kids especially are a weekly source of joy.

I said in the beginning that this posting is dedicated to Austin Ayers. Austin is the oldest Ayers kiddo and the most faithful (and frequent) blog-checker we have. He was very quick to agree this afternoon when I said I'd only posted once since we got back from Peru. And because it's way more fun to read blog postings with pictures, here are pics of these dear friends...

Ayden (Ayers #4) just taking a break after a long day of creating.






How to explain Micah? (Coleman #3) Micah is easily the most energetic of all the Ayers and Colemans.

Anna Kate, Addison (Ayers #3 &4 respectively) Joshua and Christopher (Coleman #1 & 2) hanging out after VBS last summer.




Big boy Asa, the youngest Ayers.











Me and Hannah (Mom Ayers)








Marian and her youngest Cara Beth.


The Lees: Matt, Ashlee, and Gracie May.








And the youngest family, Josh and Hannah Butcher. We got to celebrate with them at their wedding last weekend.








Whew! I didn't realize it would take me that long to pick pictures. Sorry Wade and Kevin, I'll have to get pics of you up here sometime later!

5 comments:

Hannah D A said...

Austin says, "Thanks for putting me on your blog."

I hope you realize that you, too, are so very precious to our family. Thank you for loving us and for letting us lean so heavily upon you. We count you as blessings from our Heavenly Father.

ninepoundhammer said...

This is a sweet post. Y'all know the Lees love the Franklins right back! (I'd like to point out that I am the only one featured in the photo montage with a beer in his hand. Boo-ya!)

Hannah D A said...

Matt, that would explain the half-glazed look in your eyes. Although, Austin did notice that right behind you in the picture, Council is also holding a beer. :)

ninepoundhammer said...

Janelle:
I decided my blog name wasn't so much funny as it was creepy (if you aren't in on the joke). So, I changed it: http://www.metallic-pea.blogspot.com

Eric and Theresa said...

Those are really good pictures of everyone. I am impressed with your picture picking skills!